Lomba FOTO Kuala Lumpur KL Awards 2010
Hadiah: USD 2.500
Info lebih lengkap di : KL Photoawards 2010
1. Photographers :
* * must have been 14 years of age or over on 31st March 2010
* * who are below 16 years, are required to submit a Letter of
Recommendation from either their legal guardian / parent / school photography or art club.
The entrant must send an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Letter as an attachment (word document or jpeg file) for approval before submitting the entry
* * may submit up to eight (8) images
* * must complete the Entry Form with their name, address, daytime telephone, email address and title of work (indicating if it is part of a series if appropriate)
* * must pay the appropriate fee/s as follows
* * who are using another person’s credit card, must have consent from the card owner
* * PORTRAITS INDIVIDUAL entrants may submit up to 8 images at USD$10 per image. There is no minimum entry.
* PORTRAITS STORIES entrants must submit a minimum of 5 up to a maximum of 8 images at USD$50 per series.
* The 2010 KL Photoawards is open to all photographers, Professional and Amateurs
* * Fees are payable by Credit Card before submitting the images online. Entry fees are non-refundable. Typical Credit Card fees apply. The payment sites are secured sites. Non Credit Card payment is also accepted. See ENTER page.
* * The organisers of the KL PHOTOAWARDS are explorenation.net in association with Time Out Kuala Lumpur.
* * The prizemoney sponsor is amarin.com.my and entry fees are required to cover venue hire, catalogues, printing and organisation of the event.
* * warrant to the organisers that they (the Photographer) own the work submitted, that the whole copyright in the work is vested in the Photographer or, if the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, that the Photographer has the right to submit the work free from encumbrances or restrictions and that if the work was commissioned for private and domestic purposes it is submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it.
* * warrant that, if their work is selected for exhibition, they (the Photographer) have obtained the appropriate model releases from persons featured in their submitted photographs for all sales, marketing, educational and publicity uses and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
* * agree that their work may be exhibited by the organisers at an appropriate venue, and subsequently at any other exhibition tour venues organised by them for 2 years from the close of the contest.
* * agree that the organisers may use any entries featured in the exhibition without any payment to the Photographer, model or any third party for any sales, marketing, educational and publicity use on, and in, all media worldwide including catalogues, posters, postcards, the Internet and within a television documentary related to the exhibition for 2 years from the close of the contest. However, such free use shall only be in connection with the KL PHOTOAWARDS and its promotion, and the photographer, and if appropriate the agency, will receive credit for such use.
* * the Photographer retains the copyright of all submitted images at all times, except in relation to the previous provision, that is, any free use shall only be in connection with the promotion of KL PHOTOAWARDS and the Photographer, and if appropriate the agency, will receive credit for such use.
* * All photographs must have been taken in 2009/10
* * Entries will be disqualified if any of the above criteria are not adhered to. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
* * Employees of Time Out Kuala Lumpur and sponsors may not enter the KL Photo Awards 2010
* * must be portraits. ‘Portrait’ may be interpreted in its widest sense, in relation to ‘photography concerned with portraying people with emphasis on their identity as individuals in relation to their surroundings, status and humanity’.
* * Commercial and advertising images, heavy digitally manipulated, or montaged images are not permissable. Basic darkroom techniques e.g. levels, curves, dodging, burning, minimal sharpening, colour correction are permissable. Images with branded product logos that are prominent are not allowed.
* * can be black and white or colour, in any format. Photographs must not have any borders, keyline or film edges, name, personal logos or watermarks, and must be of sufficient quality and resolution for enlargements.
* * must follow the guidelines in ENTER.
3. The decision of the judges is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into. The judges reserve the right to vary the awards or not to make any award.
* a. Call for Entries : 1st December 2009
* b. Participants can only submit their entries from 1st March – 31st March 2010. All entries must be received by 2400 hrs GMT on Wednesday, 31st March 2010.
* c. Judging will take place during the first week in April 2010. Photographers whose entries are selected as finalists will be notified by email or by post by Saturday, 10th April 2010.
* d. A Shortlisted Finalists gallery will be available on this website from this date.
* e. Shortlisted Finalists Exhibited photographs :
* Notified finalists will be required to submit high resolution image files by ftp / email by 15th April 2010. Image files not received by this date will be disqualified. High resolution files should be at least 3,500 pixels at its shortest dimension, (approx. 16” x 20” size), and must be of exhibition quality. (Contact the organiser if in doubt). Files may be interpolated upwards in a photo editing software to the required dimensions, but image quality must be maintained.
* The organisers will prepare, print and mount all photographs from the finalists for exhibition. The copyright belongs to the photographer subject to the Rules in Paragraph 1 above. All finalists must collect their exhibitied photographs after the organisers have completed the exhibition. Photographs not collected within 2 weeks of the exhibition closing will be destroyed
5. The Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation ceremony and exhibition. This will take place in May 2010 at The Annexe, Central Market, Kuala Lumpur.
6. The sponsor, the exhibition venues or the organisers shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether or not caused by their negligence.
7. Entrants whose credit cards payments are refused or cannot be processed will be disqualified.
PORTRAITS INDIVIDUAL (OPEN) CATEGORY
- FIRST PRIZE USD$2,500 & TROPHY
- SECOND PRIZE USD$1,250 & TROPHY
- THIRD PRIZE USD$ 700 & TROPHY
PORTRAITS STORIES (OPEN) CATEGORY
- FIRST PRIZE USD$2,500 & TROPHY
- SECOND SERIES USD$1,250 & TROPHY
- THIRD PRIZE USD$ 700 & TROPHY
For further information :
KL PHOTOAWARDS 2010
email : email@example.com